Poll: A plea to Chris!

General Questions.

Should those who purchased all puzzles separately be allowed to purchase the Ti?

Yes
61%
No
35%
Chris I'll be your best friend!
4%

Total votes: 71

ReVoRabbit

Re: Poll: A plea to Chris!

Post by ReVoRabbit »

you know if you start hanging out in OC, you might make friends with a TiX owner and even get to borrow it for a little bit.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
sjmh

Post by sjmh »

Haha, the OC is a far drive from Ventura County and you're like on the FAR side of the OC. :) I pass through occasionally on my way to San Diego for work though, maybe next time I'll hit you up :P
Extremes:
Open
Open
Open
Paper weight
Looks pretty on my desk
Open
Ordered

Obsession:
Is lonely
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

you should. heck i'm from SD. maybe we should stop at stone brewery on the way. i hear its awesome!
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
PE
Obsession
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
ezamover

Post by ezamover »

Here are my thoughts on it as a soon to be CE owner.

I didn't have any other puzzles before I bought the CE ... (except a green).

So for me it was a way of getting all the puzzles at once AND an exclusive one.
Lets face it ... we all like things that are exclusive and that was part of the reason I bought the CE set.

Remember I have only just got into this so unlike RevoRabbit I have not had the chance to get a Black, Red or HM. So at least I have one that is exclusive.

It would be nice of course if they were all available but they are not. So tough luck for me I guess.

But as a business model I think it's perfect. People LOVE rarity ! ... and will pay top dollar for it.

I just got an Orange for $255 so that's how much I like Revos. (That and the fact that is supposed to be a very good puzzle)

Anyway.

I think if you bought a CE and then sold all the ones you already have it would not be anywhere near as expensive as it may first seem.

Lets do the numbers.

At the current prices the blue, green, bronze, silver and gold are. 491.76 pounds
If you can even get a silver or gold any more ! Another reason I got the CE.

So...

The price of the CE is ...649.86 pounds
The difference between buying them all individually and buying the CE is 164.20 pounds.

Effectively you are paying 164.20 pounds for the titanium and the plastic titanium version and the other things in the set. Not to mention you are getting a collectors set which will be much more valuable in the future as they will not be made any more !

My advice to those that really want the titanium and already have all the others, is to buy the set !

Then sell all the one's you already have on ebay.
I am sure the silvers and gold's you already have will go for much more than you paid for them so you might even break even or even make a profit !

My 2 cents.
Last edited by ezamover on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
ezamover

Post by ezamover »

Here is a gold that has already sold for more that it was bought for on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Revomaze-Gold-S ... 3f11df8abc

Only about 20 pounds more .. but it's early days yet ....
Wait till more people get the Revo bug ... these will just keep going up and up and up.
Just like all the limited editions.

Perhaps I should corner the market now !

How many CE sets do you have left Chris ? ! :D

Edit: I personally think the sets are being sold too cheaply. If it were my business I would probably charge double. (lucky for everyone I am not in charge eh ?)
sjmh

Post by sjmh »

ReVoRabbit wrote:you should. heck i'm from SD. maybe we should stop at stone brewery on the way. i hear its awesome!
Yeah I've been there - has some really good food and of course, really good beer! :D I'll send you a PM next time I'm planning a trip down.
Extremes:
Open
Open
Open
Paper weight
Looks pretty on my desk
Open
Ordered

Obsession:
Is lonely
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

ezamover wrote:Here is a gold that has already sold for more that it was bought for on ebay.
Hey that was my auction. I think it sold for more than face value because it was both a low number and a Special Edition. I'm not sure other golds could go for more than face value. Although, once Series 2 comes out and Series 1 is no longer available, i'm sure we all will be able to make plenty of cash off the sale of our non-ce Revos. This isn't my plan, but it certainly could be a great investment if one is willing to wait a couple years. can you image what a series 1 set would go for when series 5 comes out?!
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
PE
Obsession
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
ezamover

Post by ezamover »

I agree RR ... anything about investing is a waiting game.

Not that I am that interested in investing in revo's as such.

I just like em and think that they are a work of art in design and execution.

My post above was just to get people thinking that if they really wanted a titanium that that was a potential strategy they could use to get one.

One other thing I forgot to mention ... if you do by a CE you get 600 bonus points ... that is almost another V1 for free ! An even sweeter deal ... don't you think ?

I still think Chris is giving them away .....

Imagine if rubik's cubes were serialised and made into collectors editions think how much one of them would be worth now.

AND, if you're a true believer like me you will see that these things are going to be Cube beaters eventually and Chris is probably going to be as famous as him !
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

if you are a guy like me, you dont get any points for buying the CE because it was before the invention of this website.

and as for chris and revomaze getting big... well once there's a tournament in Las Vegas, i think his exposure could get really big, really fast!

Could you imagine the day where all chris has to worry about is telling his vp to take this new design down stairs to the Revomachine shop and have it manufactured. no more delays or getting bumped. it would be wonderful! not sure my pocketbook could keep up with chris' ideas. lol.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
PE
Obsession
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
ezamover

Post by ezamover »

ReVoRabbit wrote:if you are a guy like me, you dont get any points for buying the CE because it was before the invention of this website.
No .. I am not a guy like you ...
I did get 600 points ! ... :mrgreen:
And I haven't solved any..... yet.
And I haven't got a complete collection all with the same number .. a low one at that.

I think the only thing we have in common RR is the bug has bitten me hard .. ... real hard !.
That and a great respect for the master who invented this fantastic puzzle.
Oh.. and we both have nice Avatars :D
ReVoRabbit wrote:and as for chris and revomaze getting big... well once there's a tournament in Las Vegas, i think his exposure could get really big, really fast!
I hope so .... for Chris's sake..... though .. if he dropped dead tomorrow or his company went bust think how much all his puzzles would be worth then !
A dead artists works sell for much more when they are dead ... :shock:
How's your blood pressure Chris ?
ReVoRabbit wrote: Could you imagine the day where all chris has to worry about is telling his vp to take this new design down stairs to the Revomachine shop and have it manufactured. no more delays or getting bumped. it would be wonderful! not sure my pocketbook could keep up with chris' ideas. lol.
I wonder how much Chris would take for a share in his company ... ? ... I like the sound of VP Australian division ! 8-)

Return to “Titanium General”