REVOMAZE Extreme Collectors Edition

General Questions.
Fabregas485

Re: REVOMAZE Extreme Collectors Edition

Post by Fabregas485 »

Chris has posted a thread explaining what's happened up to this point. Both should be on the way to you as soon as possible.
Black ob V2 - Recieved - On Loan
Blue ob - Ordered - My new toy has arrived
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Great news.
Lets hope that we will see some puzzles soon now. At least I hope to receive one off the puzzles I have order just to have something to play with until I receive them all. I have ordered all of them assembled so I don't think there should be any need for Chris to wait until the competition is finished. Maybe he has to wait to send me the map for the gold or the maps for the other puzzles.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
lopeze

Post by lopeze »

Hello,

so I bought a blue extreme a long time ago and, a couple of months ago I decided to check the evolution on the puzzles fabrication and (in an impulse buy to not loose the opportunity of ever get one :oops: ) i bought a gold one. And when I start working (im finishing college) and earning money I'll probably buy the CE, if there are still some left. If I will resist not buying the others while the CE's are not available, is a different story. Still havent decided if I'll buy the other puzzles or just w8 a long time to save €€ for CE.

but my question is, why buy a puzzle just to look at it?! if i ever get to buy the CE is to get the 6 puzzles (for TI of course), with identical serial numbers and always with intention to PLAY with them. what do you say?

another thing that I find strange, does the gold plated cores really "ware off"? have anyone did it? and have pics that can share with us?

thnks
Blue - BU00965 - opened
Green - - - - - - - opened
Bronze - - - - - - -in progress
Lime LM00159
Orange - OR00159
Gold - -AU00105
Black V2 Obs - - - opened
Blue Pro V2 Obs - opened
CE set - CE052
Indigo (bought)
GunMetal (bought)
Will

Post by Will »

Well first, the CE sets are called the "collector's sets" for a reason. The set was designed for those who already collected all or most of the puzzles, and want a special copy to "show off" with. As we all know the revomazes are made with high quality, so the internals are really worth looking at. Gold was a softer metal than nickel, and since you have to go though the revomaze over and over again thanks to the reset function, it is most likely not going to stand the test of time. So yes it will wear off-just be patient. :D Therefore the gold plated choice is really for the showing. Also that's why Chris had a second made-up version of the Ti included. But again there are people who brought the set for just obtaining all puzzles at once-the nickel choice are for them. Then if that's you just remember not counting the Ti the set won't save you money at all. :ugeek:

does that help you?
LM #21: Opened
IN #21: Opened
GM #21: Opened
BR #21: Opened
OR #151: Opened
Ti SE 21-50: Opened
BU #808: Opened
CU #21: Twisting and turning
AU #21: Waiting
lopeze

Post by lopeze »

yes, thats a summary of all have been talking. assuming the puzzles are for showing purposes, the extra TI does a whole more sense, since it is the only way to play with one, without "damaging" the TI from the CE.

I think I will acquire all the other puzzles first, and in a year or so, maybe I will be more financially comfortable and by a gold CE =D it still doesn't make much sense for me to buy a 800€ puzzles, to not play with them, but thats probably because I'm kind of broke (still a student, not making any money....)

thanks for the answer Will, showing off still doesn't make much sense to me, but the need for the extra TI lightened in my head like a light bulb =D

PS: I regret to this day not buying the 3 set instead of just the V1 blue extreme (a couple of years ago), had the money, not any more.
Blue - BU00965 - opened
Green - - - - - - - opened
Bronze - - - - - - -in progress
Lime LM00159
Orange - OR00159
Gold - -AU00105
Black V2 Obs - - - opened
Blue Pro V2 Obs - opened
CE set - CE052
Indigo (bought)
GunMetal (bought)
Will

Post by Will »

Personally I don't suggest buying the set for showing, to me it's a big waste of money and it's ruining the experience for others who sees it. The set can be required to be made up so you could play with them, and that's what I did, buying the CE as a way to obtain all revomaze available (excluding the orange) at once.

I would suggest you not to order a gold CE, but hey that's your choice.

By the way, did you notice that we joined the forum at the same day?
LM #21: Opened
IN #21: Opened
GM #21: Opened
BR #21: Opened
OR #151: Opened
Ti SE 21-50: Opened
BU #808: Opened
CU #21: Twisting and turning
AU #21: Waiting
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

lopeze wrote:another thing that I find strange, does the gold plated cores really "ware off"? have anyone did it? and have pics that can share with us?
Nobody has a gold plated core as yet. However, I can't imagine that the gold plating will be more than a couple of hundred microns, if that. Therefore, I predict that the gold will wear off in the maze pretty much instantly. It'll also wear off the core where you hold it too, I wouldn't like to guess how long that would take though.
Either way, if you're going to want to play with them, don't got for a Gold set.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Will wrote:...it's a big waste of money and it's ruining the experience for others who sees it.
This would be true, but i have no friends who are fully into the revo challenge. none of them have the patience to solve bronze. so if they saw, they wouldnt be missing out.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
BBloke

Post by BBloke »

Well I've spoke enough so I finally ordered the CE today. Looking forward to waiting for it to arrive.
BBloke

Pro Level 3 - BLopen | BL #1580 open
Open #100: AQ | BL | GR | BR | AG | GU | TI | OR | CU | IN | LI | MN
Closed: AU | GY | SA
Ordered: RU
R2 Voyager #100: Mercury 1st Batch (open) | Venus pre-ordered
Fox5

Post by Fox5 »

Can someone help clear some Q I have on the CE?

First off I read in the thread that the CE well come tith 2 complete Ti mazes, one plated and the other unplated. Is the non plated the obsession? Therefore plastic? Or is it metal like the rest of the V1s?
I noticed the CE on the web site says ships with free obsession set, is this in addition to the extra Ti maze? because I see no mention of this extra Ti in the description.

Just trying to add together what I have read in the threads here and the description on the site

Second I plan to have these shipped assembled since this is my first time, so are any mazes in the obsession set that are the same as the extreme? If so I would probably ask for those to come disasembled.

Hope all this makes sence and sorry for the noob Q
Any clarity to this is greatly apreachiated:)

Return to “Titanium General”