Red Release

General Questions.
maztec

Re: Red Release

Post by maztec »

I believe Chris said they might be semi different. However, I suspect people are solving it because it is easier not to break :\.

Also, my Red is officially stuck in customs. I called USPS today, they called customs, customs said it was being investigated because it appears "suspicious".

I would just like to thank Fred for wiping explosive residue on my Red maze. :( [just kidding].
OOOOOOOoo
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

Yep that's the same for me. I really really REALLY hate USPS!! :evil:
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
Black Obs-Open (Pro Closed)
Red Obs-:(
LM00249-Working
R2 Voyager status 06! :)
maztec

Post by maztec »

Manifestjp wrote:Yep that's the same for me. I really really REALLY hate USPS!! :evil:
Wait, how is this the fault of USPS? USPS is not U.S. Customs. First, it's not a government agency. Second, it's not the one holding your package. Third, it can't hold your package without a good reason. Whereas Customs is a government agency, has your package, and can hold it as damn well long as they please (okay, there is an actual limit, but it has so many exceptions it is effectively worthless).
OOOOOOOoo
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

Well minus this package I've had many problem with them recently. This time it might be their fault but the USPS still is the worst way to send anything IMO.
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
LM00249-Working
maztec

Post by maztec »

Manifestjp wrote:Well minus this package I've had many problem with them recently. This time it might be their fault but the USPS still is the worst way to send anything IMO.
Interesting. With the amount of shipping that I do, I have to say that USPS seems to screw it up the least. UPS is far and away the worst, they lose, misdeliver, break, misallocate packages all the time and never seem to maintain a steady schedule. Promised to have a package by 9:00 AM? Oh, sorry, it's going to be there at 2:00 PM, when you are no longer available to sign for it. Pre-signed for the package? No problem, we'll put our "please sign for the package" notice over the top of your pre-signature. Shipped glass and had it marked fragile? No problem, we'll make sure it arrives in innumerable pieces. Need that sensitive legal document shipped to the recipient by 8:00 AM the next day, paid $200 to mail it? Great, we'll lose it and it will never arrive, oh and your client? He's screwed. Yah, UPS, hands down, the worst. I would say my failure rate with them nears 40% of packages shipped. FedEx always gets it there, eventually and often in good shape, but has a failure rate around 15%. USPS, if they say it's next day, it's there next day - my failure rate with them is less than 1%, but I have had a few things go missing.

How much do I mail/ship? Nothing for the last three months or the next few weeks :p. But, usually, at least 20 things get mailed each day, over half are registered priority mail, the rest are certified. It's so bad with UPS that when a client requests something be shipped by UPS, we obtain a waiver from the client indicating that we take no responsibility for whatever happens to the package.

The worst part? UPS is from my area. Meh.

Now, DHL, they get things to and from anywhere ... which is why they lose money hand over fist :\. They're the only company I know that I can dependably ship letters to/from Timbuktu (literally) within 48 hours. They're the only company I know of that will take and deliver a package addressed as follows: "Pakistan, Kachkot, from the river 1.5 km North, left of the big tree, third farm down, second door, Mohammad Shibu." They will get his signature, they will take a picture of him if you order that service, and they will go back for a response if you request them to. FedEx looks at things like that and say, "No way, we can't ship there." UPS will let you pay for it, then say, "We can't find it." And USPS looks at you and says, "You know that package will never make it through customs?" Hey, at least they're honest.

- M
OOOOOOOoo
Serial007

Post by Serial007 »

I think my postal carrier might have taken mine home to play with. I got a slip in the mail showing that it is supposed to be at the post office. I went there and it was missing from the safe. The post office tried calling the person that had it last at home but there was no answer. I am supposed to call them back at 6am when they have more information.

I know they ship classified stuff through registered mail so it is a pretty big deal the package is missing from the safe. I can just imagine getting it from them solved tomorrow with a note saying thanks for the puzzle...
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

Mine is here!
It's beautiful!
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/consumera ... sabout.htm
Actually the USPS is partially government run. I never use ups either. Maybe it's personal between me and USPS then.
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
LM00249-Working
maztec

Post by maztec »

Government funded and regulated. But it is not an administrative branch and is privately operated with government input.
OOOOOOOoo
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

Hence why it doesn't run so smoothly. Again just an opinion. Would say it's just in my area but I've lived all over the country and experienced the same everywhere.
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
LM00249-Working