Revomaze Teal (advanced) - designed by prodigy - Now cancelled (maybe still alive???)

For all general forum discussions.
prodigy

Revomaze Teal (advanced) - designed by prodigy - Now cancelled (maybe still alive???)

Post by prodigy »

Sad news (at least for me) due to my design that I created 2016, of an advanced Revomaze, now has been cancelled.

If you want to read the complete journey of Revomaze Teal with all (94) design pictures, version updates and detailed explained, just send me a PM (or ask for it in a reply down below) and I will give you access to the hidden forum for the Revomaze Teal. It is recommended that you at least solved one advanced maze before visiting the forum page due to risk for spoilers but it is up to you, everyone that wants will get access, just send me the PM. I hope we can have some discussions there too.

I have spent over 10h today to write the complete journey of Revomaze Teal so there are a lot of information to read :)

Here follows a short version:

In July 2016 I was offered to make my own design. To begin with I should receive 5 complete mazes together with a prototype and later I could also have the opportunity to have it commercially sold.

The initial time plan for the maze was to start the production September 2016 if RevoHQ liked my design (and they did like it).

I already had ideas of different features in mazes and I directly knew what the main feature should be. This was really big for me and I felt really lucky to be able to create my own design that hopefully also could be officially released in the same way as Orange and Indigo.

After spending almost all my spare time together with sleepless nights with creating the design, I finished the v1.0 after only 3 days.

The first version was created with pen and paper and I converted that to Paint and later on also to a CAD program.

I wanted the maze to be an adventure where you discover things and not too hard to navigate when you understand it. I also think it is really important in a maze that everything should be controllable and by that I mean that if you come up with a theory you should be able to verify it in the maze and not something that you need to find by luck.

Fast forward more than 7 years with a lot of work with improvements during the years and we now are here with a cancelled Revomaze design.

Maybe someone one day can manufacture the design in some way. Metal, plastic or wood. Please let me know in that case (so we can work something out) and if possible, send me a copy of the manufactured puzzle :)

Here is how the Teal color would look like:
Teal_color.png
Teal_color.png (45.11 KiB) Viewed 299139 times
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Yffffonz

Re: Revomaze Teal (advanced) - designed by prodigy - Now cancelled

Post by Yffffonz »

Sorry to hear of the cancellation.
If I ever do find myself in a position to attempt making one I will contact you.
Y
AQUA OPEN - BLUE OPEN
GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - GUNMETAL - COPPER - ORANGE - BRONZE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - LIME - GOLD
TURQUOISE - SALMON - MERCURY - RED - BLACK OBS V1 - GREY - PURPLE - BLACK OBS V2 - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
VOYAGER #008
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Yffffonz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:21 pm Sorry to hear of the cancellation.
If I ever do find myself in a position to attempt making one I will contact you.
Y
Thanks!
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
bioberserk0394

Post by bioberserk0394 »

Hello Prodigy, it’s me Daniel Wang. Sorry to hear that your designs aren’t accomplished. :cry: I also have made some wooden mazes for testing my skill to make some thoughts come true. Due to the endurance of wooden materials, I have to weaken the spring power. Please let me know your thoughts of making new designs in your forum. ;)
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

bioberserk0394 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:51 pm Hello Prodigy, it’s me Daniel Wang. Sorry to hear that your designs aren’t accomplished. :cry: I also have made some wooden mazes for testing my skill to make some thoughts come true. Due to the endurance of wooden materials, I have to weaken the spring power. Please let me know your thoughts of making new designs in your forum. ;)
Thanks Daniel! I have given you access to the forum so you can read if you want to :)
Yffffonz

Post by Yffffonz »

Wouldn’t mind having access as well...
AQUA OPEN - BLUE OPEN
GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - GUNMETAL - COPPER - ORANGE - BRONZE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - LIME - GOLD
TURQUOISE - SALMON - MERCURY - RED - BLACK OBS V1 - GREY - PURPLE - BLACK OBS V2 - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
VOYAGER #008
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Yffffonz wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:33 am Wouldn’t mind having access as well...
You have access now :)
ztqwerty

Post by ztqwerty »

Sorry to hear that :(

Is this news official by HQ? Does it mean HQ will not make the design publicly available in the future, ever?? I don't quite get it, usually there is no harm to keep new designs in progress, even a pending status is ok, at least it gives hope...
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

ztqwerty wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:50 am Sorry to hear that :(

Is this news official by HQ? Does it mean HQ will not make the design publicly available in the future, ever?? I don't quite get it, usually there is no harm to keep new designs in progress, even a pending status is ok, at least it gives hope...
Thanks!

I have personally cancelled it due to I couldn't wait any longer for it and I now am in the situation where I needed money (due to unfortunate changes in life) so I felt had no other choice than cancel it.

When I asked RevoHQ if it was OK to share the story and design for Revomaze Teal on the forum they just answered "it is no issue at all" to do so. I didn't hope for that answer (I hoped they should answer "please don't we will still consider releasing it in the future" or similar :) ) so to me it doesn't look like RevoHQ is interested to release it later on. But who knows, maybe one day they change their minds :) or someone else maybe can manufacture it instead?

I have no idea (or feedback) that it could be a fun/good maze to solve (it is hard to tell when you have done the design yourself) and the only feedback I have received is that Chris, Josh and others on RevoHQ "liked the design" and was excited to see the finished product.

Just to make sure that the design doesn't spoil other mazes or for those who still want the maze to be released I put the story etc in a hidden forum so you have to ask for access to read it.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Just to make it clear. RevoHQ didn't cancel it (so they have not done anything wrong here).

Return to “General”