Buyers and Sellers

For all general forum discussions.
nos6074

Re: Buyers and Sellers

Post by nos6074 »

Mrhero wrote:
nos6074 wrote:I think part of the problem is the slow release..
But if the puzzles are rushed the experience will be bashed ;) i think it will be better if they will be slow in release and high quality puzzles :)
I totally agree with you.. but there are many who want instant gratification.. well or faster gratification may be more accurate
"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere." (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
y2khappens

Post by y2khappens »

There were a few potential buyers/puzzlers that posted here
their disappointment at being too late to purchase the Voyager
Status and be able to start buying the R2s, so I am sure there
are others that would like a chance to get involved. The question
is, how do you find out who these people are and let them know?
Bill
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

y2khappens wrote:There were a few potential buyers/puzzlers that posted here
their disappointment at being too late to purchase the Voyager
Status and be able to start buying the R2s, so I am sure there
are others that would like a chance to get involved. The question
is, how do you find out who these people are and let them know?
I'm one of those people. A while ago, I contacted Sophie about being put on a waiting list. She said there were quite a few of us waiting for voyager status. I got another email about a month ago from Sophie. She said a voyager spot had opened up and offered it to me. So, if others like me had contacted Sophie, they have probably been offered voyager status already. I personally turned it down because of our new baby. However, the lacklustre posts I've read about the launch of the r2s would have made me think twice about paying for a voyager status. I'd bet others also no longer regret missing out on the voyager experience.

Now, having said that, Chris will eventually sort out the issues with the r2s and when that happens, I'll wish once again I was a voyager. :)
Starting over
robbaylis79

Post by robbaylis79 »

nos6074 wrote:
Mrhero wrote:
nos6074 wrote:I think part of the problem is the slow release..
But if the puzzles are rushed the experience will be bashed ;) i think it will be better if they will be slow in release and high quality puzzles :)
I totally agree with you.. but there are many who want instant gratification.. well or faster gratification may be more accurate
I believe they were rushed, mine had to be repaired/parts changed twice and it still doesnt feel right. For the price that ive paid and time I waited it really is off putting to even attempt it again. I understood that it could have problems the first time, being one of the first 20, but to not be fixed second time round isnt really acceptable. I also believe that the change in the draw bar was the cheapest fix and not the better fix. If not, then why are people having to put scotch tape in their puzzles to make it work better? For £120 + £70 for the privilege it actually makes me quite annoyed that my puzzle isnt spot on and flawless as it should.
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Silver Ex = Opened 35-40 hours
Lime = In preparation...
Titanium = Opened 6/7 hours (Loved that final run)
Copper = On its way...
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

I'm want to sell my "one of a kind Patterned Bronze V2" that I bought some time 2012. Below is an email response from Chris Pitt describing how this puzzle came into existence and why it is really a one of a kind puzzle.

The assembled picture was taken by Joseph Nixon. (The stand is not included. That was the way Joseph decided to display the revo for that picture). The puzzle was then disassembled and sealed in plastic bags at HQ before it was sent to me. I've never opened the sealed bags (like picture below). I can send either assembled or disassembled.

I'd like to do this as a silent auction with a cap. And by entering a bid... you are agreeing to pay the auction bid+ 3% paypal fees + shipping. To cap it off in the event this gets ridiculous... "Buy It Now" price is 500 GBP or 840USD (At this number I'll pay for shipping and the 3%). If you are somewhere close to western CT, USA we might be able to work out something to save some cash for both of us.

To whoever does end up winning, I'll forward what information I have about this puzzle. (invoice/email from Chris Pitt).

Good luck and thanks for your interest.

----

Hi Matt

This maze came from the first batch made by the second engineers. What happen was they put the maze onto a large turning centre (very large 240 tool machine) and found the bar vibrated in the collets. This caused the cutter to “Bounce”.

The pattern was formed due to this process and we were unable to repeat once a few went through. It is as if it was engraved!

This is why it is unique because it is a freak event on a big machine (which we never used again).

Understand why you would like to sell as I know you like challenges. Anything I can help to give providence, let me know.

Kindest regards

Chris

Chris Pitt
Managing Director
Ashton Pitt Ltd
Attachments
P1040229.JPG
P1040229.JPG (187.98 KiB) Viewed 9127 times
Patterned Sleeve.jpg
Patterned Sleeve.jpg (248.59 KiB) Viewed 9127 times
p1222.JPG
p1222.JPG (118.27 KiB) Viewed 9127 times
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
boiderstoik

Post by boiderstoik »

Hi, new to forum but have been collecting mazes for a while.

Missed out on becoming a v2 voyager, could not commit at the time due to job uncertainty however have now made it through the latest round of redundancies and contacted Sophie to see when the R2 would be going on sale to the general public. Whilst she was not able to hive a timescale she did suggest reaching out on the forum as there were a few people looking to sell their voyager status. Please contact me if you are interested in selling. Many thanks.
StevenJump89

Post by StevenJump89 »

if anyone is interested in a voyager spot (#89) let me know.

i will also be selling my R1 puzzles:
Blue, Green, Bronze [opened]
and Orange [closed]

not sure if i should keep this in the forum or extend to ebay. any suggestions?
Open:
BU020304hr GR015104hr BR0161225hr
nos6074

Post by nos6074 »

StevenJump89 wrote:if anyone is interested in a voyager spot (#89) let me know.

i will also be selling my R1 puzzles:
Blue, Green, Bronze [opened]
and Orange [closed]

not sure if i should keep this in the forum or extend to ebay. any suggestions?
I would say start here.. No seller fees on the forum ;p
"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere." (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
StevenJump89

Post by StevenJump89 »

thanks buyers!
Last edited by StevenJump89 on Fri May 30, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Open:
BU020304hr GR015104hr BR0161225hr
ogi

Post by ogi »

Hi Everybody,
I never heared about this puzzle before :( So I'm quite late.
I am interested in buying a used blue and a bronze for the beginning.
I am no collector, just keen about solving it, maybe if someone can borrow me any ?
Can you help me ?

Return to “General”