Buyers and Sellers

For all general forum discussions.
ebarthe

Re: Buyers and Sellers

Post by ebarthe »

I have not posted it on eBay yet, but the gold one Im postint it for 600 USD + Shipping and taxes
Prym8

Post by Prym8 »

@moderator or admin on this forum. Do not delete my post again there was nothing offensive in my last post. If the person price gouging the Revomaze gold on ebay for $600 (lmao opportunist) is your buddy tuff luck doesn't give you the right to remove a post that was pointing out the fact he is taking advantage of people by putting a Revomaze up for sale on ebay for $600 when the seller only spent $142 new and we all know a 400% markup is a joke. He is blatantly being an opportunist and trying to take advantage of people. On top of that it makes new people shy away from this hobby do to this ridiculous cost. And I'm sure Chris would not appreciate that. Also disclosure on the guy selling the item his ebay seller tag says he's from North Carolina but his description says he is selling it out of chili. This is shady and there is no reason given by the seller why this is.. I hope Chris/Revomaze team see this joke of a sale and come out with more golds as a slap in the face to people like this trying to make a quick buck. I'm sure he wants people to buy these to collect and enjoy not to try in screw people over for financial gain and again Admin/mod don't delete my post again I have screen shot this and will send it to Chris directly if it is removed again and I'm sure there is logs that he can see to determine who is abusing their admin rights..
Bronze - In progress
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

I removed your previous post due to the 'personal attack' nature of it. I have had no dealings with the poster, and I treat everyone on here the same way. If you take issue with the way I moderate you are more than welcome to take your grievance up with Chris or any other administrator of this forum if you so wish.

Whether you like or agree with the starting price of an item is irrelevant, if you're not happy with it then by all means don't bid on it.

The only time I have a problem with this is if someone buys something for the sole purpose of selling it on later at a huge markup, and has no interest in the item whatsoever.

To clarify, to me a Gold Ex is not worth upwards of $600. However if someone is looking to complete a collection, and they're happy to spend that much, then it's not really our place to argue. I know I have previously spent well over the odds for puzzles that I have wanted to fill a gap in my collection.

Now you've made your thoughts perfectly clear, and by all means boycott the sale of any item you like, but note that personal attacks on other forum members is not now or ever going to be tolerated here.
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
Prym8

Post by Prym8 »

My first post was very similar to the one above only pointing out this is an opportunist taking advantage of a situation/people. This is valid information and in my opinion keeps this community strong looking after and bringing up these type of situations
Bronze - In progress
Brian706

Post by Brian706 »

About 5 months ago a few random golds showed up at Revo HQ. For anyone interested, the going price was £250 which equates to about $310. That's excluding shipping. While the seller is marking it up a bit, that's nowhere near a 400% markup. At least not from the recent going price.
OPENED: AQ BU GR
CLOSED: BR CU IN GM R MT SA TI AU AG
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

Just adding my opinion, as I don't agree with the logic behind Prym8's posts and I strongly feel the need to comment.

First of all, I got my Gold from HQ, and with shipping and import taxes included it was well over 400$. I don't think you should always assume you know what other people paid for something (unless the seller specifically told you of course).

Please remember that a Revomaze's value (or any other item), is what somebody is willing to pay for it. If 600$ is too much, then it will simply not have any bids, and the seller will have to consider if he is willing to let it go for a lower price or not. I would imagine that the seller in this case is not willing to part with his maze for less than the price he is asking for. This should be perfectly understandable and acceptable.

Personally, I would not sell my own Gold at this time for 600$ (or less), as I value it more than this (I would not pay 600$ for one though, even though I would not sell for this price. Strange logic, but that's just how it is for me). The reason I have been willing to purchase each of my mazes is that for me, the personal value is higher than the price I had to give. This also means that if I should sell any of them, I would ask for a much higher price than what I gave for them. It seems to me that you make the faulty assumption that if you are just offered a little more than you paid for something, then you should just be happy and accept.

Please keep in mind that the Revomazes are high end quality puzzles, and that the majority of the current owners are likely to be collectors that would not hastly sell them. You should not expect unused mazes that have been out of production to go for about the same prize as they were once available for on the web-pages.

I understand that it is frustrating when you arrive late to the party, and are not able to buy a lot of the mazes as they are not being produced anymore. Personally, I would love to get them all. I have had the chance to buy both Silver and Lime, but in those cases other collectors have been willing to pay more than me. This is of course totally fair.

Anywho, I see that the maze already has 1 bid on Ebay, so that would prove that the price is indeed not too high in this case.
Open: Aqua * Titanium * Blue * Green * Bronze
Closed:Gunmetal * Copper * Indigo * Gold
Want to buy: *Orange * Silver * Red * Lime * Black * Purple * Handmade * Voyager
Prym8

Post by Prym8 »

I didn't assume the price that was paid new. first of all the seller told me the price he paid roughly $140 and secondly look at the sellers forum post history and you'll see he got the gold during the time frame they were being sold at the lower cost. Now with that being said considering they recent went out for about $300 on the newest batch it's certainly not a 400% markup but in this sellers case it is! Even with $300 being the recent price a $300 markup I still feel is ridiculous just not as much as 400%. If you expect to buy these mazes to have them increase in value which you would only want that to happen if you wanted to make a profit then I feel you are part of the problem. At the end of the day sale what you want for the price you want but expect people to make a comment about it if it's outrageous.
Last edited by Prym8 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bronze - In progress
rodrigue10

Post by rodrigue10 »

Maybe any large monetary gain by someone should be accompanied by a donation of their profits to Chris. I'm sure he would appreciate it! That might make everyone happy!
OP- CE Set #22 BU GR BR TI R BL OR Obs Set V2 Set AG AU LM mini GM HM CU AQ MT IN PU SM
CL-

R2 - Voyager #25:
OP - Prototype 1
CL - ♀ ♁ ♂ ⚳ ♃ ♄ ♅ ♆ ♇ Eris, Makemake
Prym8

Post by Prym8 »

That would be great in theory! But I'm doubtful most would live up to the idea.. To piggy back off my last comment based on the price of these puzzles I would assume most people in this community are financially stable and don't need to flip these puzzles for a crazy profit and on top of that this community is rather small which I assumed would lead to more of a common interest situation with buying and selling. Meaning selling a unit for more than the going rate but enough to cover time and energy and doing so because they are happy to share the experience of the puzzle with another. My sample size is only one occurrence so far but this one definitely puts a bad taste in my mouth about the overall situation of this buyer sellers group. Hopefully time will prove me wrong as a whole with the buying and selling of these puzzles.
Bronze - In progress
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Good, points have been made. Let this be the last off topic post on the matter please.

Back to business as usual...
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)

Return to “General”