Where is my Puzzle?

General Questions.
thayneq

Re: Where is my Puzzle?

Post by thayneq »

TheJuggler wrote:Guess that's one question we've not asked. Why not ship the gold core unplated?
Corrosion.
Opening order:
BR 50h. Fast=28s
BK Obs 12h.
BL 25m. Fast=12s.
GR 3h.
AG 20h. Fast=1m56s
AU 70h.
RD 1h.
RD Obs 6h.
OR 20h.
LM 40h. Fast=2m12s
IN 16h.
AQ 15m.
TI 8h.
CU Au plated

Not started:
CU

Waiting on:
Mercury (paid :cry: )
MT, SA
ReVoMaster
Site Admin

Post by ReVoMaster »

Hi All

Hummm - Chris and Nigel are keeping close eye out for me but this Gold issue needs a conclusion.

I have a weakness - I try to juggle too much and are now dropping the ball in respect to keeping you informed.

Platting was a concern but feel we can now work with the new platters as they have let me down before Christmas, so in truth I have been struggling.

We had 682 orders during December, many having multiple puzzles so around 1,000 went out. Firefighting was not the best way and being reactive was worst.

A few things came out of this, one was the fact we were getting minor errors from the engineers mainly because we were friends and most of the work was not scheduled. Drawings are now being done and the relationship is moving towards a more professional footing ensuring quality.

The engineers are now splitting roles and recruiting a permanent QA manager and thus improve output. This had a effect on the Gold as more has gone into its design over all the other puzzles we have made.

We are also getting to the point of mass production of 100,000 of puzzles and hence why we are at the Spring Fair (again taking up a lot of my time).

Trying to get the best as soon as possible has backfired on me as the process becomes much more focus on drawing - design and setting down proper timeframes. Something Nigel is working with me on.

Our engineers are a "Production Shop" and produce top quality parts. We have now been focusing on larger more practicable runs (50-100 puzzle are just not worth the setup time on a ad-hoc basis).

So the result is more planning and better communications.

A mistake was made by not "Directly" keeping you informed that I have now corrected. This is especially true around delayed releases.

I want the best puzzle for you and not a puzzle (like the v1 Silver) that lets the side down. However, I must be more honest with myself and to just give you what you wish to hear but give you the facts.

REVOMAZE is getting bigger than the Inventor and the demands to satisfy a growing community is becoming more important.

Everyone who has a pre-order will be getting their puzzles soon and more importantly, puzzles that meet and exceed expectation.

As per the announcement, a new Gold email account has been setup that flags directly to me.

I will be at the puzzle meeting on Saturday where I will meet and discuss issues you are clearly having and to start to put these right giving Nigel and Chris authority on my behalf.

With the Spring Fair and Gadget Show Live plus Spiel and possibly two other shows, this is going to be a very busy year.

Also, other exciting future planning announcements will be made in due course.

I am sincerely sorry for the Gold issue but hope by releasing the Batch dates, we now have a realistic target.

Kind regards

Chris
ReVoMaster
Killerkel

Post by Killerkel »

The sweet sound of music!

Thank you for taking the time, all sounds good to me.
adamwest

Post by adamwest »

Thanks Chris, I get yelled at all the time by my wife for taking to much on by myself, I think it's a guy thing, glad to hear from you!
Proud owner of set #16 (RevoTaster)

BU00016 OPEN x and o
GR00016 OPEN x and o
Black o OPEN
BR00016
OPEN
RD00016 OPEN
AG00016 OPEN
AU00016 CLOSED
OR00016 OPEN (mark you're just mean ;) )
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

Much appreciated news, Chris!

Best of luck with the ramp to 100k revos! Sounds incredible!
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
jsnbrtn

Post by jsnbrtn »

Great News :D
Ex & Ltd
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN== v2
OPEN== v1 .....Just!!!
OPEN==
OPEN==
=[iiii]=
OPEN==
Obs
TEST==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
Alimorris

Post by Alimorris »

Great news and ......................................................Relaaaaaax
until the gold starts those frustrations up again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck Gabi i'm in the same boat...I stare at the map but try and hmmm nothing happens

map map map i might have to steal allards map of bronze on Saturday ;)
CE_#111 ordered OR00111 O R00111 O HM04-20 On display LM00111 ;) BL00019 O
BU01111 O GR01111 O BR01111 O AG01111 O AU00111 O TI (SE) 14-50 O Mini O
. PU04
Barcared

Post by Barcared »

Alimorris wrote:i might have to steal allards map of bronze on Saturday ;)
No you won't! ;)
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

Alimorris wrote:i might have to steal allards map of bronze on Saturday ;)
...clearly Nigel hasn't mentioned my dogs!

Couple of savage chocolate labs that'll lick anything to death on sight!
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
thayneq

Tattoos

Post by thayneq »

Thanks for the update Chris! I know how exciting (and mind-bendingly frustrating) mass producing something can be (you know why!!). Just keep focused on doing the Right Thing for the customer, which isn't shipping a product on time, it's shipping a high quality product and being honest with yourself about the timeline.

Congrats on your business exploding! I think revomaze is going to be the Rubik's of the 21st century!!

Return to “Gold General”