Wil Strijbos!!!

allardwza

Wil's Lotus....

Post by allardwza »

..not sure you could "break" it that way ... you could lock something useful somewhere that you couldn't retrieve or use it... and you'd need an external tool to remedy that situation, but I wouldn't call it broken...

You can avoid that by never closing it after you've found the reason behind the puzzle's name (which is your eventual goal) without putting "the inbetween thingy" back in place.... hopefully that makes perfect sense once you've seen it and gives you absolutely no help until then! :)

Cake!

allard
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
AFKAN

Re: Wil Strijbos!!!

Post by AFKAN »

That's very good Allard :D
Graham:-)
Ex
AG00078 - 22-03-11
R00104 - 06-01-12
OR00053 -20-01-12
LM - Hmm
TI00032 - Let's Go!!!...
Ob
Blue - 09-10-10
Blue Pro - 09-12-11
Green - 03-11-10
Black - 12-11-10
Black v2 - 04-02-12
Red - So near and yet...
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Lets put it this way, Yes I locked away a useful something in a location that the useful something is needed to get to. An external tool was able to remedy that. However, when I located the useful something, I also located another piece that required me to remove the black pin to replace. It'd be extremely difficult to replace it without removing the black pin because of "the inbetween thingy" being missing.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

This is a brilliant conversation. :lol:
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

Ah - I see :ugeek:

... wonder if anyone else does?!?

(just realised there might be two "in between thingies" depending on how you see thing(ie)s... I was referring to the flatter of the two... :shock: )

allard
This is fun!
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
Rdroege

Post by Rdroege »

Paradox wrote:This is a brilliant conversation. :lol:
Agreed, I think we need an open section ;)

So in summary,

Just be sure to put that thing back in its place before doing that move so that an item doesn't disappear into that place where you could only get to it with another item because in doing so you may end up with some more unwanted stuff.
BU00613 open GR00374 open BR00308 open R00026 open
AG00262 closed OR00127 closed
AU00168 boxed TI 38/50 boxed LI 00012 boxed
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

Déjà vu or what guys? :lol:
Chyron wrote:...I also located another piece that required me to remove the black pin to replace. It'd be extremely difficult to replace it without removing the black pin because of "the inbetween thingy" being missing.
Kevin Mr. PuzzleBreaker did exactly the same only a few days ago... except he's crazy and tried (and succeeded) with the "extremely difficult" method :roll: :P :lol:
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
AFKAN

Post by AFKAN »

Did he blow on it? :lol:
Graham:-)
Ex
AG00078 - 22-03-11
R00104 - 06-01-12
OR00053 -20-01-12
LM - Hmm
TI00032 - Let's Go!!!...
Ob
Blue - 09-10-10
Blue Pro - 09-12-11
Green - 03-11-10
Black - 12-11-10
Black v2 - 04-02-12
Red - So near and yet...
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

My mistake was simply not realizing I was done when I was done. With the puzzle box, when it was open, it was relatively easy to see all the pieces and how it works. Not so with the Lotus, and was never meant to be completely open.

And yes, I was talking about "the flatter inbetween thingy"

I'd be interested in knowing how Mr. PuzzleBreaker accomplished that, as the design of one of the secrets of the puzzle doesn't easily permit the actions and further fixes (the flatter inbetween thingy) required to re-assemble the puzzle.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
kev1n

Post by kev1n »

bluesign2k wrote:Déjà vu or what guys? :lol:
Chyron wrote:...I also located another piece that required me to remove the black pin to replace. It'd be extremely difficult to replace it without removing the black pin because of "the inbetween thingy" being missing.
Kevin Mr. PuzzleBreaker did exactly the same only a few days ago... except he's crazy and tried (and succeeded) with the "extremely difficult" method :roll: :P :lol:
Guilty as charged! :D
I'm not "PuzzleBreaker" I'm PuzzleFixer!
Like Chyron, I also closed it, and found a thingy in a place where a different thingy had been. It is not necessary to remove the black pin to return the thingy to the thingy receptacle. It can be done by thinking about the shape of the thingy and where the receptacle for it might be. Then you need to carefully orient the thingy and close the puzzle then carefully orient the puzzle such that the thingy enters the thingy receptacle! This often requires several attempts but is ALWAYS possible (yes, I'm a bit dim and have done it twice!)
AFKAN wrote:Did he blow on it? :lol:
Such impertinence! :shock: You know one should NEVER blow on your thingy in public and certainly I can say that blowing on it does not help the thingy enter its receptacle. The big advantage of having thingy orientation issues is that it makes you think deeply about thingies! Knowledge of both anatomy and physiology of thingies is required to truly understand the puzzle And once you have had deep thingy thoughts, then the solving of the whole puzzle is just a matter of a few very small movements and the knowledge of the Lotus can be found!

Now I should add to my sig: addicted to puzzles and ever so slightly nuts! :lol:
Kev1n
Completely addicted to puzzles
Visit my blog it's at: www.puzzlemad.co.uk

Blue Ex BU01113 - open
Green Ex GR00494 - open
Bronze Ex BR00188 - open
Silver Ex AG00168 - open
Orange Ex OR00021 - open
Gold Ex AU00070 - open

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”